Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Snowed In!

I'm beginning to think we've been transported to some snowy mountain range! (Wasn't that the storyline of a Star Trek movie or something?)

I officially have not worked a full day in over a week and a half, there's over a foot of snow STILL on the ground, and more is coming down!

I wanted Christmas Eve off to spend the day baking and whatnot, but this isn't exactly what I meant! I'm home for the day because my car is STUCK where I parked it on the side of the road and after rocking back and forth and having good samaritans help push, we couldn't even get the car out into the road far enough to worry about someone hitting it. CRAZY!

We're stocked up on supplies, as last weekend they were predicting high winds and snow with the possibility of power outages. At that point my husband and I stocked up on diapers, enough formula to last two months (and Rachael is on cereal now and LOVING IT! Hooray!) full gas tanks, 4 gallons of gas for the generator, and the alternative heat source on hand. Which is a good thing because the roads have been so bad that gas trucks can't get to the gas stations, and three days ago when my husband ventured out to the store the shelves were nearly empty. (We're out of milk, he is SO BUMMED!)

Luckily, husband and I got our Christmas shopping done last Saturday when the weather broke for a short time (and he used his expertise in winter driving, trust me!) so we know for sure that Santa Claus will be arriving on schedule and in full force to our two year old that doesn't exactly understand the whole idea, but knows that Santa is something to be excited over. And of course, Rachael wasn't forgotten either. :)

I've got some FUN pictures of Celesta helping Dad make her first snowman, and as soon as Photobucket behaves, I'll post them up here! The computer is FIXED, and my camera is cleaned off and the pics are on the hard drive! WOOHOO!!! :)

No comments: