Friday, January 2, 2009

Retail Therapy

This may seem so random, but I just have to share!

I had to go pick up the pictures taken with Santa, and I had a few minutes during lunch so I ducked into the new bead store located in the same complex as the photography place...

WOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

I've been challenged trying to get the specialty items I've wanted because the bigger craft stores (JoAnn's, Michaels, Ben Franklin) don't have them. I've been pretty successful with Shipwreck Beads and feeling pretty good since they're in state and I'm helping the local economy, but I consolidate orders to save shipping (plus they have a $25 minimum order requirement) and I can't always make big orders. SO ANYWAYS, I was pleasantly surprised when I walked into this place to find out they have WigJigs (the brand of wire jig I use/own, all the other stores have what's called 'Thing-a-ma-jig' because it's cheaper) and accessories in stock, the Swarovski crystals I've been searching high and low for (yes, I needed them for Christmas, but I can always start for next year!) and a bunch of other GREAT STUFF that no other beading store I'd been to had! Needless to say, my Christmas bonus disappeared FAST, and I'm doing a 'Happy Beader's Dance' (Not to be mixed up with my 'Happy Anime Dance', lol)

I talked to the owner manning the store, and found out she has three other stores in Montana, and if there's anything I need and the other stores in MT have it, she can get it here in about four days (and was more than happy to do so!). Her prices were pretty darn good (which for the complex she's located in is kinda a surprise because I know it's expensive to be located there) and her selection was GREAT! Yay me! A store I can satisfy my 'Gotta have it NOW' urge I suffer from occasionally! :)

Anyways, the place is called Garden of Beadin' and it's located in the Country Village in Bothell. (Where I got married, and where I take my kids to get their Santa pics taken every year because Chapters Photography takes APPOINTMENTS!)

It's amazing what a little retail therapy can do sometimes! :)

No comments: