I'm so glad this week is finally over! It's been nuts! I haven't even had a chance to post pics of my excursion last weekend!
I'll get some up as soon as I can, but for now you'll have to deal with some spoilers. I promise to fill in details when I get the pics up.
I ended up taking the kids with me last weekend to Yakima and my parents place in Leavenworth for our grape juice canning event. Friday was a loooooong day of picking grapes and driving. Celesta fell out of the car at our first stop, scuffed her chin and broke one of her front teeth! I was so upset. So this week we've been dealing with a toddler not only going through some 'terrible two' meltdowns, but struggling with eating/drinking because her front two teeth hurt. I talked to my dentist and he said we don't have anything to worry about (it's a baby tooth, it's not loose or knocked out, it's not discolored) but I'm still not convinced. If this keeps up, I'm gonna look for a pediatric dentist.
Since we spent the entire weekend canning juice, I brought home all the ingredients for pepper jam, salsa, and spaghetti sauce. Which equivilates out to two boxes of RIPE tomatoes (end of the season), a bag of candy sweet onions and a box full of peppers. So this week we've been working like crazy in the kitchen! On Monday JT canned over 50 pint jars of salsa and spaghetti sauce, Tuesday, I did 16 more of spaghetti sauce, and tonight we're taking care of the peppers. My poor mother in law is curious to know when she's going to get her kitchen back, luckily after this week we will be DONE for the year!
This week we had some complicating factors with my husband getting his Class A CDL. After a night of nearly tearing my hair out, I found out today that there's a school nearby that will do training by the hour and rents trucks for the test. I have to talk to someone about it on Monday to get details, but I'm just HOPING this avenue will work! $4500 for schooling is not exactly possible at the moment, and we HAVE to get moving on this opportunity.
I also got to go visit my friend who had her twins this week. Everything went fine, the twins are absolutely ADORABLE (and so small compared to Rachael!) I might be able to sneak a couple pics and post them, we will see! I'll see them again next week when I go over to help. Twins and a C-section, what a mix!
13 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment