Okay, I've been tagged to do this! I've seen it before, and I think it's so fun to read. So here are 25 fun/not well known facts about ME! :)
1. I have a thing for Jordan Almonds. I always begged my mom to get some whenever we went to the grocery store when I was a kid, but she never did. Maybe it was all the bright colors. Either way, I buy them myself, and LOVE THEM!
2. I've used the same email for over 10 years. In fact, it was my first email address I ever created for myself!
3. I came up with my daughter's name way back in high school. Celesta was a character in a story I worked on when I was 'listening' in class. It's nothing exciting, but it'll be fun to show Celesta when she's old enough.
4. I own three pairs of shoes. BY CHOICE! I have my sneakers, black dress/work shoes and brown work/dress shoes. I've been accused of not being female because I didn't own like 80 pairs of shoes.
5. When I was a kid, I wanted to be a pediatric oncologist when I 'grew up.' Quite the aspiration, huh? :)
6. I am an avid bicycler. Well, I used to bike more than I do nowadays. In fact, in 1999, I rode the Seattle to Portland bike ride-- that's 200 miles in two days! I aim to do it again sometime soon.
7. I'm currently battling a 'black thumb'. When I was single living in my own place, I killed an IVY PLANT!! Now that almost takes talent!
8. I believe in gun education and want to join the NRA.
9. I met my roomie in massage school a couple years earlier through the internet. BEFORE CRAIGSLIST! It doesn't sound so weird now, but it was out of the norm back then!
10. If I could go back to college, I'd major in the Japanese Language. English/language skills are more of my strong point, (versus my math skills--otherwise it'd probably be Astronomy or Astrophysics)
11. In fact, I used to be so involved in the night sky, I was the Astronomy workshop/Stargazing leader at a Girls Camp when I was 18! It ruled.
12. I put corn in my mac and cheese. Makes me feel like I'm getting SOME nutritional value.
13. I was in Salt Lake City for the '02 Winter Olympics. I didn't have any tickets for the events, but I got to go to see the Torch, Olympic Village, and all sorts of touristy things!
14. I laugh when I'm nervous. Totally throws people off when I'm put on the spot and start giggling. Cost me my 4.0 grade in massage school because the stretching teacher didn't think I was taking her serious. And no, I'm not bitter. :)
15. My senior year of high school, I attended the Washington State Student Athletic Trainer Competition and ranked in the top 10% in the state. We were ranked by how we scored on an oral test and three written tests.
16. My first job was working at a gift shop during the Beanie Baby craze. Yes, I own lots of the 'hard to get ones'. My daughters now drag them all over the house and chew on the tags. So much for my retirement investments, huh? (JUST KIDDING)
17. I've always wanted to take etiquette lessons. I think it'd be cool to know what all 20 (I don't even know how many pieces there actually are, I'm making that number up) pieces of flatware are specifically used for in a fancy place setting, that and so I'd be more comfortable going out to lunch with my boss!
18. I have a photographic-ish memory. How do you think I cruised through anatomy classes in high school and massage school? :)
19. I took a speed reading class my freshman year of high school and clocked myself at a reading speed of 1400 words per minute. Now that's not how fast I read ALL the time, only when I'm really trying to read fast. That's with about a 90% comprehension rate as well.
20. I'm a HUGE fan of surprises. I know, it's weird for a semi-control freak like myself to like such a thing, but I do. One of the coolest birthday parties I remember as a teen was when a couple of my friends threw me a surprise birthday party (oh, and the decorated training room at school rocked too, Nicole!)
21. I guess this comes from having children, but I am a HUGE list person. I have to-do lists and reminder lists all over the place! I have to have a list to go to the grocery store or I forget something critical that got me to shop there in the first place!
22. My nickname 'Bikkiboo' came from my older sister. It was something she called me to entertain me when I was a baby and the nickname just kinda stuck. It's a combo of my name + boo, boo coming from being born on Halloween. When I got online in my teens and needed something unique to use as an email addy/identity, I chose Bikkiboo.
23. I started reading when I was three years old. And honestly, I haven't stopped since.
24. I was not given a middle name. Seriously, I don't have one! Actually, I do now that I'm married, as my maiden name was moved to be my middle name. I just have to convince the Social Security office of that...
25. My husband and I got married on our two year anniversary of dating. I thought it was cute, he did it so he wouldn't have another date to remember for an anniversary. And yes, it was in the middle of the week! I got married on a WEDNESDAY! Nuts, huh?
13 years ago
1 comment:
It is weird to think that we "met" on the Internet. LOL! Oh, that was so back in the day!
Post a Comment